Batik Project





So for Surface Treatments on Fabric our "theme" this year is the Revolution of Tradition with a focus on lace. I have been coming up with lace patterns having to do with technology and more specifically gears. The first image is the original idea that I cam up with using a combination of images (such as a computer hard drive), brushes and blend modes on photoshop, however I have never done batik and I started with the red making it difficult to go back in and do the gradients and fractured look but I still may try. Right now the print looks more like the second image although batik does not come out that precise and is a bit more free looking. I am in the process of removing the wax. I really enjoyed doing batik and used etching for my effect, a very long process for such a detailed pattern. I would love to try batik again and will possibly continue this print to reach the original desired effect.

No comments: