Check this Out


So my new favorite blog that I discovered is the Man Repeller...it is absolutely hilarious. There are two categories of dressing most people say: some women dress for other women, some women dress for men but I think some women just dress for themselves... and happen to repel men sometimes with their funky style. This blog is dedicated to funky outfits and trends that happen to turn guys off usually inadvertently but this blogger decided to poke fun a bit at this fact. I often dress in "man-repelling" ways but it is what I like and feel confident in and so I can "pull it off". It is all about the attitude and this blogger's writing is witty and entertaining and makes me laugh out loud which is great because I look at blogs just for the pictures.

This is her definition
MAN·RE·PELL·ER1  [MAHN-REE-PELLER]
–noun
outfitting oneself in a sartorially offensive way that will result in repelling members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pants, boyfriend jeans, overalls (see: human repelling), shoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry and clogs.
–verb (used without object),-pell·ing, -pell·ed.
to commit the act of repelling men:
Girl 1: What are you wearing to the party?
Girl 2: My sweet lime green drop crotch utility pants!
Girl 1: Oh, so we're man repelling tonight?
*DISCLAIMER: the above conversation is not a dramatization, took place in this room 5 minutes ago.
Origin:
2009-10; < repellius (ptp. of repellia to eliminate male attention), equiv. to L repel- (s. of repellix) unattractive, celibate, paris fashion week, M.C. Hammer + -repel -ler1


—Related forms
man·re·pell·ant, noun

http://www.manrepeller.com/

No comments: